The Victor Hotel is nearby numerous important city centres in the southern Piedmont region: Alba, Barolo, Monforte, Cherasco, Bra, Mondovì and Cuneo. We welcomely advise stops at several of these places in order to have a taste of our marvellous architectonical features as well as our gastronomic elements and our fine wines. Several notable places of value are:
- The Castle of Grinzane Cavour which was resident to Count Camillo Benso of Cavour; This fortress is today home to one of the oldest wine cellars of the Piedmont region.
- The Marquis/Marquess Falletti of the Barolo Castle which is home to the 'Regionale del Barolo' wine bar allows the possibility of tasting its fine selection of wines. Inside this fortress, it is possible to visit rooms furnished for the last Marquess of the castle, the big coat of arms room ,the historical library and the Enological Wine Museum.
- The renamed Tenuta Fontanafredda of Serralunga d'Alba is where one may visit its immense park and its wine cellar beneath the famous vineyards, tasting the vast array of local popular wines.
- Cherasco, a famous city for art, known mainly for its famous antique markets and especially for its International Institute of Heliciculture (the breeding of snails for consumption).
- Bene Vagienna or 'Augusta Bagiennorum' is a city with important archaeological significance of the Roman Period. It is also home to the centre of the didactics and experimental archaeological source 'Archea'. www.archea.info
- Alba, the capital of 'Tartufo Bianco' or white truffles, is a city famous for its towers and of course for the yearly International White Truffle Fair in October.
- Bra is a locality famous for its biennial cheese shows attracting thousands of people from all over the world.
- Mondovì is home to the famous International Balloon Meetings.
- Ceva is famed for being the capital of mushrooms.
Our customer service is at your complete disposal should you wish to contact us, to book events, organise visits or even if you just desire useful information for times and events.